Services: Restructuring and Insolvency Consulting
GT’s professionals provide specialized expertise necessary to support parties involved in restructuring and insolvency. GT assists distressed companies and individuals facing financial difficulties by working closely with other financial professionals and counsel to provide accurate, and reliable guidance. GT’s team of restructuring practitioners can assist with financial reporting, working with or for lenders to maintain visibility on secured debt, covenant compliance, operational and accounting realignment, and with management to improve business performance.
For restructuring engagements, GT has served in such roles as:
- Financial advisors to distressed companies and individuals
- Financial advisors to secured creditors and lenders
- Chief Restructuring Officer
- Interim Chief Executive Officer
- Interim Chief Financial Officer
In the event it is not possible to restructure, GT can help businesses and individuals prepare for a bankruptcy filing. GT compiles bankruptcy schedules, evaluates claims, analyzes tax implications, and can assist counsel with required Bankruptcy Court and United States Trustee reporting throughout the bankruptcy process.
GT has extensive experience in the post-petition aspect of case administration. GT’s bankruptcy practitioners have acted as Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees and represented various parties in bankruptcy matters. This experience has given GT the hands-on knowledge to assist with almost any financial issue that may come about in a bankruptcy proceeding. GT’s bankruptcy practitioners have been involved in either the fiduciary or financial advisory capacity in thousands of bankruptcy cases since 1992.
GT’s roles and services involving insolvency include:
- Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy trustee
- Chapter 11 examiner
- Financial advisor to debtors
- Financial advisors to unsecured creditor committees
- Accountants to secured and unsecured creditors
- Accountants to Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 trustees
- Tax consulting for plans of reorganization and liquidation
- 363 sales analyses
- Post-confirmation trustee
- Disbursing agent
- Trustee field agent