LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Economics with
Emphasis in Accounting
University of California, Santa Barbara, 2008
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum – Officer and Secretary
- Member of Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Member of International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Southern California
- Participant in Habitat for Humanity’s International Program, Global Village. Traveled to Fiji to build a home for a widow and her family. Currently pursuing next international build destination.
- Participant in Susan G. Komen’s Race for a Cure in Orange County
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Ms. Wright’s practice focuses on the following key areas:
- Database Construction and Administration – Expert in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel to analyze large volumes of data and financial information related to clients historical and projected financial situations.
- Data Analysis – Regularly works with large volumes of financial data provided by and gathered from clients to perform financial analyses, review historical transactions, group transaction types, and prepare reports related to the data provided.
- Forensic Reconstruction – Regularly acts as forensic accountant in litigation and insolvency matters, reconstructing records related to disputes, litigation, fraudulent conveyances, solvency analyses, and other situations.
- Financial Statements – Proficient in compiling budgets and operating reports related to a client’s future, current, and past financial situation. Often review and reclass accounting transactions incorrectly booked by debtors of bankruptcy estates.
- Fraud Examinations – Represent private parties, trustees, and receivers in matters where fraud is suspected or known to be present. Work performed includes review of historical financials, tour of office or facilities, interviews with management and key employees of the company, review of internal controls present, industry research, and report of findings memorandum to client.
- Litigation Support – Provides support for clients in contentious litigation matters. Work performed includes review of historical financials, interviews with management and key employees, industry research, and report of findings memorandum to client.
- Preference Analysis – Expert in preparing preference analyses on behalf of the debtor or creditors’ committee in bankruptcy matters. Regularly employed by trustee to perform such analyses to recover assets for the estate.
- Insider Activity Analysis – Expert in preparing insider activity analyses on behalf of the debtor or creditors’ committee in bankruptcy matters. Regularly employed by trustee to perform such analyses to recover assets for the estate.
- Key Accounting Role – Regularly employed to run the day to day operations of accounting departments for trustees of bankruptcy estates. Role includes implementing internal controls, segregation of duties, performing the day to day accounting functions, reviewing bookkeeper inputs, and review of classification of accounting transactions.
- Bankruptcy Reporting – Regularly employed by trustees to prepare Bankruptcy Schedules, Statement of Financial Affairs, 7 Day Package, Monthly Operating Reports, review and perform disbursements to creditors and professionals, and review historical financials in search of assets of value for the estate.
- Technology and Repair – Retained by Creditors’ Committee in case involving loan to own allegations.
- Private University – Retained by University’s general counsel to investigation and write a findings report on claims of fraud made against a department chair. Reviewed internal controls and segregation of duties within the department, interviewed key employees of the department, reviewed historical financials of the department, prepared report of findings and advised general counsel of changes to be implemented into the department to mitigate fraud claims in the future.
- Laundry Service – Retained by Mediator between the partners of the company. Reviewed internal controls, segregations of duties, and performed interviews to advise the Mediator as to operating and managerial changes that should be made in order to maintain a profitable business.
- Real Estate – Retained by plaintiff in $100+MM fraudulent transfer action, including solvency analysis.
- Real Estate – Retained by Chapter 7 Trustee – Analyzed gain/loss on sale of rental properties owned by the Debtor, calculated and advised client as to the State and Federal tax liabilities surrounding the sale(s).
- Medical Hospital – Retained by Chapter 7 Trustee – Compiled essential records in order to conduct investigation into financial affairs of Debtor and to perform preference analysis.
- Real Estate Investment Company – Retained by Trustee – Prepared Bankruptcy Schedules and Statement of Financial Affairs for both Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 voluntary bankruptcies, including preference analysis and insider preference analysis. Prepared and maintained Monthly Operating Reports to be filed by the debtor. Reconstructed financial returns to determine funds used for acquisition of property. Reconstructed ownership structure and prepared analysis of disposition.
- Supplier – Retained by Trustee – Prepared trial balances and work papers for preparation of tax returns. Used ProSystem Engagement.
- Retail – Retained by Trustee – Assisted with the analysis of Reclamation Claims from Debtor’s Distributors.
- Manufacturing – Performed review and audit of procedures on internal controls, cash, accounts receivable, inventory, PP&E, accounts payable, notes payable, analytical procedures of income statement items.
- Manufacturing – Retained by Chapter 11 Trustee – Assisted in the preparation of Reclamation Claims from Distributors of the Debtor. Prepared Bankruptcy Schedules and Statement of Financial Affairs for Chapter 11 voluntary bankruptcy, including preference analysis and insider preference analysis. Prepared criminal referral of former CEO of debtor.
- Skincare Clinic – Consultant to Chapter 11 Trustee – Assisted in the preparation of complying with Office of the United States Trustee requirements for trustees (obtaining insurance, preparing and filing Monthly Operating Reports, managing cash flows, bookkeeping for the Debtor, payroll for the Debtor)
- Music Industry/Royalties – Performed procedures applicable to a royalty audit to form an opinion on the fairness and accuracy of royalties received by the artists’ estates from significant record companies.
- Bank – Consultant to the Trustee – Performed a thorough review and recovery of transactions between the Debtor and its holding company, performed a thorough review and recovery of audit workpapers, significant judgments and estimates, and all audit workpapers related specifically to the holding company.
- Contract Dispute – Performed analysis of the adverse party’s sales records in order to consult our client on whether the terms of the agreement were being properly followed.