LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Certified Information Technology Professional
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration University of Colorado, Boulder, 1997
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum, Board Member and Treasurer
- Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- California Bankruptcy Forum
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- SysAdmin, Audit, Network, Security (SANS) Institute
- California Receiver’s Forum
- National Association of Federal Equity Receivers
- Synergy through a Paperless Office, CCH Incorporated Annual Sales Meeting
- Networking Tips, California State University, Northridge
- Interviewing Tips and Techniques, California State University, Northridge
- Computer Forensics & Fraud Investigations, California Receivers Forum
- The Accountant as Sherlock Holmes, California Receiver’s Forum
- Using IDEA to Improve Audit Effectiveness, Boomer Technology Circle
- Basics of Forensic Accounting, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- The Unexpected By-Products of Going Paperless, Accounting Today, August 8-21, 2005
- Fraud Casebook: Lessons from the Bad Side of Business, July 2007, contributed case study
- TRIM and the Perceived Demise of Digital Forensics, June 2011
- Digital Evidence Triage and the Need for Expert Presentation, November 2011
- Contemporaries of the Orange County Museum of Art, Founding Member
- Western Youth Services, Board Member and Treasurer
- The Learning About Multimedia Project (LAMP) NYC, Board Member and Treasurer
- Heart of Los Angeles Youth (HOLA), Audit Committee Member
- Orange County Bar Foundation Society of Fellows, Member
- Cooking, wine, cars, travel, and spending time with his wife and young son.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Mr. Teeple’s practice focuses on the following key areas:
- Litigation Consulting
- Fraud Investigation
- Forensic Accounting
- Turnaround Consulting
- Internal Controls Design and Implementation
- Custom Database Application Development
- Due Diligence
- Data Mining and Analysis
- Forensic Technology
- Computer Aided Auditing
- Financial Advisor for a Receiver – provided forensic accounting, data analysis, reporting, and reconstructive accounting services for two of the largest low-income housing developers in California. Assisted with uncovering a hundred million dollar fraud perpetrated against city governments and large banks. Investigated and documented the fraud and through this processed traced tens of millions of dollars of illicit funds domestically and internationally. Coordinated with the United States Department of Justice and the Internal Revenue Service in their investigation of the alleged fraud.
- Financial Advisor for a Chapter 7 Trustee – Assisted with the closure of a disreputable hospice care facility. Provided forensic accounting services to reconstruct financial records and pursue avoidance actions.
- Financial Advisor for a Receiver – investigated a real estate developer that created a complex web of hundreds of special purpose entities. Documented and traced asset transfers through this enterprise.
- Agent and Financial Advisor for a Chapter 11 Trustee – Assisted with the operation of a large hotel. Implemented internal control systems, created back office accounting solutions, oversaw a large accounting staff and prepared required monthly reports.
- Litigation Consultant for a Receiver – Performed illicit funds payment tracing in a multi-million dollar real estate and bank fraud scheme. Administered a large financial analysis and reporting database for the performance of same. Worked closely with the Criminal Division of the Internal Revenue Service to assist with the government’s criminal investigation.
- Forensic Technology Consultant to a Receiver – Forensically acquired Electronically Stored Information (“ESI”), extracted pertinent ESI and created a custom database application to analyze and report on the data.
- Financial Advisor to a Chapter 11 Debtor – Provided pre-filing consulting services. Oversaw shutdown of business for liquidation and post-petition accounting and Court filing requirements.
- Technology Consultant to a Liquidating Trustee – consulted on a massive inventory project and created a custom database application to facilitate that project. Provided ongoing technical and IT peripheral support.
- Financial Advisor for a Chapter 11 Trustee – Oversaw the financial matters for a large-family owned manufacturer and including the preparation of required monthly reports and avoidance actions.
- Substitute Chapter 7 Trustee – Conducted 314(a) hearings. Performed pre-hearing case review, and post-hearing administration of Chapter 7 bankruptcy cases, both commercial and consumer.
- Forensic Technology Specialist – Secured, preserved and investigated electronically stored information retrieved from computers, servers and mobile devices for several Chapter 7 and 11 trustees.
- Financial Advisor to a Chapter 7 Trustee – Assisted with preparing bankruptcy schedules and reconstructing financial records for a large, multi-national window manufacturer. Helped develop information to pursue avoidance actions, sell assets, and reach a global settlement.
- Litigation Consultant for a Chapter 7 Trustee – Employed by a Trustee for an Emissions Credits Brokerage Debtor to administer a significant banking transaction and fuel credit database that was integral for analysis and reporting of various complex transactions. Provided litigation support services for a $250 million Ponzi scheme.
- Litigation Consultant for a Large Public Company – engaged to perform agreed-upon procedures to determine whether certain parties violated sales contract terms. Used data extraction techniques to determine movement of inventory from manufacturer, to wholesaler, to customer based on product serial numbers and has analyzed total costs of products and income streams from same.
- Forensic Accountant for a Software Developer – Provided expert testimony involving fraud allegations resulting from royalty calculations.
- Forensic Accountant for a Distressed Paper Buyer – Used fraud investigation and forensic accounting techniques to perform a due-diligence investigation of distressed paper related to an $80 million dollar Conservatorship, which was the result of a complex Ponzi scheme.
- Forensic Accountant for a Receiver – Provided forensic accounting services (accounting record reconstruction and fraud investigation) for a Receiver in a criminal bank fraud and check-kiting scheme perpetrated by the owner of numerous car dealerships.
- Forensic Accountant for a Private Company Seller – Refuted allegations that the seller had presented fraudulent financial information as part of the sale.
- Fraud Investigator for a Major Agricultural Producer and for a Hand and Beach Towel Wholesaler – Conducted fraud investigations (alleged inventory defalcation) through the mining and analysis of electronic financial records.
- Forensic Accountant for a Film Production and Distribution Company – Provided data analysis expertise in the performance of several royalty audits.
- Forensic Accountant and Expert Witness for a Major Film and Television Studio – Provided investigatory services and forensic technology solutions to investigate and quantify fraud allegations against former operators of the studio.
- Auditor for Various Private Business Enterprises – Planned and performed attest engagements (audits and reviews) for various going concern clients; planned and supervised various statistical sampling audit procedures for same; specialized in applying computer technology to aid with reaching audit objectives.
- Internal Controls Consultant – Provided internal control consulting services for clients in several industries including banking, food service, automotive sales, and manufacturing. He has also assessed current controls and advised on implementation of new controls. Reported on controls placed in operation (SAS 70).
- Due Diligence Consultant for a Restaurant Acquisition – Performed due diligence services on behalf of the acquirer of a large fast-food restaurant chain.