Our TeamProfile Steven Roopenian
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Controls Specialist
- CIRA Certification
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
California State University, Long Beach, 2005
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of Institute of Internal Controls
- Member of Turnaround Management Association, Southern California
- Member of Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- Member of Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Mr. Roopenian’s practice focuses on the following key areas:
- Database Construction and Administration – Expert in creating databases in Microsoft Access and using Microsoft Excel to analyze large volumes of data and financial information related to clients historical and projected financial situations.
- Expert in building complex and detailed databases using Microsoft Access
- Data Analysis – Regularly works with large volumes of financial data provided by and gathered from clients to perform financial analyses, review historical transactions, group transaction types, and prepare reports related to the data provided.
- Forensic Reconstruction – Regularly acts as forensic accountant in litigation and insolvency matters, reconstructing records related to disputes, litigation, fraudulent conveyances, solvency analyses, and other situations.
- Fraud Examinations –Represent private parties, trustees, and receivers in matters where fraud is suspected or known to be present. Work performed includes review of historical financials, tour of office or facilities, interviews with management and key employees of the company, review of internal controls present, industry research, and report of findings memorandum to client.
- Litigation Support – Provides support for clients in contentious litigation matters. Work performed includes review of historical financials, interviews with management and key employees, industry research, and report of findings memorandum to client.
- Preference Analysis – Expert in preparing preference analyses on behalf of the debtor or creditors’ committee in bankruptcy matters. Regularly employed by trustee to perform such analyses to recover assets for the estate.
- Insider Activity Analysis – Expert in preparing insider activity analyses on behalf of the debtor or creditors’ committee in bankruptcy matters. Regularly employed by trustee to perform such analyses to recover assets for the estate.
- Bankruptcy Reporting – Regularly employed by trustees to prepare Bankruptcy Schedules, Statement of Financial Affairs, 7 Day Package, Monthly Operating Reports, review and perform disbursements to creditors and professionals, and review historical financials in search of assets of value for the estate.
- Investment Services Firm – Reconstructed over seven years of banking transactions over 80 bank accounts in effort to document the pervasiveness of fraudulent investment scheme. Assisted the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Office of the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program, and the United States Department of Justice in providing key insider information, fund transfer analysis, and asset management. Assisted in the reconstruction of options trading accounts used in the scheme
- Bankruptcy – Accountant for various Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Real Estate / Escrow Fraud – Assisted in the reconstruction of financial review related to fraud. Prepared various trial balances and supporting schedules. Performed various analytical procedures.
- Music Industry/Royalties – Royalty Agreed upon Procedures – Performed procedures applicable to a royalty audit to form an opinion on the fairness and accuracy of royalties received by the artists’ estates from significant record companies.
- Audit and other attest engagements – Variety of middle market and publicly registered clients in the manufacturing (clothing), distribution (pipes, valves & fittings; branded entertainment), retail (clothing), and service (broadband) industries.