Our TeamProfile Erik Rasmussen
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bar Membership, Washington State Bar Association, 2003 – Present
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, 2014 – Present
- Quality Security Assessor, 2016 – Present
- BA, Occidental College, 2000
- JD, Seattle University School of Law, 2003
- “Preview the Hackers: Cyber Experts’ Inside Scoop, Predictions and Leading Actors”. M&E Journal, Special Issue, Winter 2017 – 18. See Preview the Hackers: Cyber Experts’ Inside Scoop, Predictions and Leading Actors”. M&E Journal, Special Issue, Winter 2017 – 18.
- Member, United States Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task, 2013 – Present
- Member, Advisory Board, Flashpoint Partners, 2015 – Present
- Member, Campbell Hall School Alumni Board, 2016 – Present
- Member, Advisory Board, California State University, Dominguez Hills, 2017 – Present
- CrossFit, Reading, Dodgers baseball / Raiders football / Lakers basketball (in that order).
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Mr. Rasmussen’s practice focuses on the following key areas:
- Computer Forensics
- Corporate Security
- Cyber Security
- Executive Protection
- Expert Witness
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Consulting
- Physical Security
- Risk Management
- Strategic Security Consulting
- Terrorism Consulting
- Threat Assessment
- Travel Safety
With nearly 15 years of cybersecurity and security experience, to include leadership experience managing some of the largest data breaches over the past several years, Rasmussen is an industry leader in security consulting. Having investigated hundreds of cyber investigations and assisted in the apprehension of several transnational criminals, he brings a breadth of experience. Prior to joining the firm, Rasmussen led the North America cyber security and investigations practice at Kroll and worked several years in the financial services sector, to include running cyber intelligence programs at Visa Inc. and working closely with the Deputy CISO of an global payments processor.
As a Secret Service agent, Rasmussen served on the FBI’s Los Angeles Joint Terrorism Task Force and conducted numerous security advances in the United States, to include cyber security advance work for a Presidential Debate in 2012 and the dedication of a Presidential library in 2013.
A dedicated thought leader, Rasmussen has presented at RSA, Interpol, various webinars in concert with global law firms, as well as numerous law enforcement liaison engagements, such as speaking at USSS Electronic Crimes Task Force quarterly meetings.
Rasmussen started his public service career as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Tacoma, Washington.